This interactive workshop will explore how technology has changed the gambling market, the blurred lines between gambling and gaming, the increased risks and how to stay safe if one chooses to engage in gaming and gambling activities.
Content is designed for parents/guardians, teachers, counselors, college/university students and adults involved in young people’s lives.
Key Objectives of this Workshop :
- Discuss impacts of excessive use of technology and affects of parents’ technology use on children (parent version)
- Explore underage gambling opportunities: E-sports, Fantasy Sports, In-game ‘gambling’, Skins Betting, etc. and other impacts of technology in gaming and gambling
- Question the blurred lines between gaming and gambling
- Notice warning signs of problematic behaviours (video gaming, excessive technology use, social gaming and gambling)
- Provide support resources and harm reduction strategies
- Make informed decisions with regards to gambling and gaming
Thursday March 11th @ 6pm
Please join at this GoogleMeet Link: https://meet.google.com/tvy-gusy-atv